Sunday, February 5, 2012

31 weeks. .the single digit weekly countdown is on!

I will be 31 weeks pregnant in a few days.  I've got about 9 weeks till my "guess date."  65 days.  It's really getting down to it.  In some ways, 65 days seems endlessly long.  I think the fact that the season has to change makes it feel longer.  I'm so excited to have a sweet little spring baby again though.  I am not, however, excited to have a post-baby body all summer long.  :)

In some ways, 65 days is sooooo short.  In 65 days I have to have a van, stroller, all the baby clothes I need, a clean and organized house, $2000 bucks for my midwife, and so on and so on.  In 65 days I will have my last baby.  In 65 days my kids will have another sibling, I will experience childbirth for the last time, I will begin again to be a nursing mommy.  In 65 days my family will be complete!  It's not long at all, really.  :)

As far as physical/medical stuff goes, I found out this pregnancy that I am RH-.  Somehow it got overlooked or confused in my previous pregnancies.  I got a shot of Rhogam (very stingy but not as bad as I thought it would be).  My iron is low so I've been taking liquid iron (Floradix).  It's quite foul tasting, especially because Justin reminds me regularly that it tastes like blood.  It really does.  I feel like Bella Swan.  My legs are starting to get super restless.  My midwife suggested that I take a bath before bed with epsom salts and drink some liquid magnesium.  I tried it for the first time last night and it seemed to really relax me and put me right to sleep.  Austin is not yet engaged in my pelvis and he's in a posterior position (ouchy).  My back and hip are definitely suffering.  There are a few exercises i am going to start doing to help him get in the proper position but he's got lots of time to move still so I'm not too worried yet.  I measured 27 cm at my 30 week appointment.  Although I am measuring small, I still feel confident that this child is somewhat of a beast.  :)  All of my other pregnancies measured small too.

I've started listening to some relaxation and labor day rehearsal scripts at night.  Austin seems to love it.  Maybe because I'm able to really relax my uterus and he has more room to wiggle.  He moves like crazy the whole time I'm listening but I'm so relaxed that I just fall asleep despite his wiggles.  I vacillate between feeling anxious and scared and feeling so determined and ready to tackle this labor.  I'm afraid of pain, afraid of a long labor, afraid of complications (like my giant baby getting stuck).  I hope my waters stay in tact this time until I'm ready to push.  It makes things much less intense.  I'm afraid that I won't be able to maintain my calm and that will make me feel out of control and I will freak out.  BUT, even more than being afraid, I am determined.  Only a few hours of labor separate me from holding my baby and from being very comfortably NOT pregnant.  I'd be willing to do just about anything to obtain those two things, so labor is cake.

I've always wanted to hire a photographer to capture my labor/birth experiences, and this is my last chance, so I did it!  I'm really excited to have the experience captured through some high quality photos.  Everyone that has done it in the past has done a great job but I've always felt bad asking anyone close to me to do it because I know they have to miss out on some of the experience, stuck behind a camera.  I'm glad everyone will be free to observe, support, or do whatever they want to do.  :)

I have switched to having prenatal appointments every 2 weeks now so I will try to update if anything has changed at my 32 week appointment.  So excited!  Austin can't come soon enough.


1 comment:

Steph said...

You are so cute and tiny woman! That's so exciting you hired a photographer was it that one we were looking at! I can't wait to be there and see Austin enter this world! You are a birthing queen and even if it takes hours and it super hard you will totally rock it like the rest of them! Can't wait this countdown is officially on!!!